Community House - Venue Hire Info
FRIENDSHIP HOUSE is a centre for social service, education, and community life set in the heart of Manukau, at 20 Putney Way. The Centre is available for hire to community, church and business groups on a casual or regular basis. There are several rooms available across three floors. NB: Room capacity is a maximum based on Health & Safety regulations.
NB the following exclusions exist for room hire:
- Te Manawanui, Te Moana and Te Maunga rooms are not normally available for use on Mon-Tues evenings, Wed -Thurs mornings and evenings and Sunday afternoons.
- Te Manawanui is open to the public and not generally available for hire Mon-Fri 8.30-4.00.
- After hours use of level 2 rooms is usually restricted to regular room hirers, with a condition that a minimum of two staff are working when clients are seen.
Exceptions may be possible so please discuss your requirements with our Admin Team located on the ground floor.
- The use of an interactive Data Projector is available on request.
- TV and Video/DVD are available on request.
- All rooms have whiteboards.
- A small kitchen is available on the 1st Floor for refreshments.
- Stacking chairs and trestle tables are available.
- The Café is open from Monday – Friday, 8.30am-3.00pm. You are welcome to purchase your morning tea and lunch either individually or as a group.
- Menu orders available by arrangement with the Admin team. (09 262 2322)
- Te Manawanui, Te Moana, Te Maunga, Te Awa are air conditioned.
- Friendship House is a smoke-free building. Smoking is prohibited in all areas.
- Generally alcohol use at Friendship House is not encouraged. If alcohol use for a social function is approved by Friendship House, it will also involve applying for an alcohol licence from Auckland Council. This generally takes a minimum of 28 working days.
Note: Room hire charges will vary dependant on your organisations status and circumstances. To make arrangements for room hire contact the Admin Team located on the Ground Floor, Phone 262-2322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org